Friday, December 16, 2005

Last Night

I'd like to point out that a new dance club / bar in Ann Arbor called LIVE (at PJs) is a pretty good place to party. It's where D'Amato's used to be, on the corner of First and Huron. Last night the crowd was clearly largely not from Ann Arbor, as people were break-dancing. Ghostly product Jacob does a good DJ set with his friend. There was this girl in pink boots and a pink shawl. Her hair was blond and up and she had on huge hoop earrings. In short, she looked great, and she danced with passion and grace. There was also a girl who was just about as pretty but danced wildly, as if she were coked out, which she most likely was. The girl in the pink actually gave me the "you, come over here" signal with her finger, but I did the wise thing and gave her a smile and raise of my glass and stayed on the placid margins. First, I knew she didn't really mean it. Second, I knew that even if she meant it, if I had actually gone over and danced with her she would very soon cease meaning it. Third, why spoil the umblemished image? Even if things had gone fine and I had gotten to know her, likely I would've found out that in more ways than one she would be less than stellar. There was also a girl who was very tall, and when someone pointed out to me that she was beautiful, it occurred to me that when girls are taller than me I do not stop to consider their beauty. Is that wrong? Also, the guy checking IDs at the door is a dick. He's Asian and buff and was wearing a gray tieless suit. He was checking IDs of a "good-looking and fashionable" couple in front of me --- the guy was about six foot five --- and he had to stop and have a chat with them! When I heard him say "what's your name?" to the tall guy and extend his hand, I had had just about enough, and, like a tailback splitting his offensive line, ducked in between the couple in the middle of their conversation and presented forcefully my ID. The Asian guy said "Thanks" to me while flashing me a cold straight glare. But I was in.



No comments: